Customer Identification Policy
People’s Choice FCU understands that CIP requires the credit union to follow these basic steps when a member and or an account owner (hereafter known as “member”) opens a new account or when a new member is added to an existing account.
- Provide a CIP disclosure
- Obtain basic information about the member
- Verify the identity of the member
- Check if a member appears on a government terrorist list
- Retain records for 5 years after the account has been closed.
The field of membership currently consists of:
- Employees of Schott North America Inc working in Duryea
- Employees of the Duryea Borough Police Department working in Duryea
- Employees of Pride Mobility Products, Inc. working in Duryea
If you are a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild, which also includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships, or household member (defined as person living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit), of any of the above or related in the same manner to an existing credit union member, YOU QUALIFY.
A completed membership application plus and entrance fee of $1.00 and subscription for at least one share (par value $5.00) is required for qualification of membership. There is no limit to the amount of money a member may deposit in shares. However, keep in mind that your shares are insured up to $100,000 per account (one social security number).
Once a Member, Always a Member
You are welcome to remain a credit union member for life, regardless of whether you change jobs, move, or retire. If your lifestyle changes, call the credit union; we will show you how easy it is to continue to enjoy money-saving financial benefits through our electronic services.